Ever thickening fog & Jacket test

This morning I got up to a cloudy sky and thickening fog. The fog seemed to worsen as the morning progressed.  I decided that I wasn't giving up a day of riding so I got my gear together and headed out.  I turned on my headlight and my flashing taillight and put on my new Brooks Essential Jacket.  The jacket is a super bright yellow called Nightlife™. I rode 10.17 miles in 41:56 minutes at an average speed of 14.5 mph and a max speed of 24.3 mph.  I burnt 544 calories and my average HR was 144 bpm and my Max HR was 160 bpm.  The temperature was 66℉ at the start of the ride and 67℉ at the end. My stats are at the bottom of this post.

My impression of the new Brooks jacket are as follows.  You can see this jacket from a very long distance off even in dim light or fog.  The vents on the back are probably useless as you are pressing against them in the recumbent position. It does stop the wind and wasn't very warm, but I wish the vents were better.
Brooks Essential Jacket (Nightlife)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride