Washed Out Again But not completely!



It has been three days since my last ride and I am bored silly. There seems to be no end to the constant down pour. I am hoping we get some clearing this afternoon, so maybe if the roads dry I can get out on the road.

I installed the Sigma Sport PC-3 Heart Rate Monitor on its custom mount. I was able to get it working, but due to the excessive hair on my chest the signal was not constant. I removed some hair in the area the transmitter goes and I got it working. I might have to shorten the hair even more for good readout. The Black Widow now has three separate computers. One for Speedometer One for Cadence and One for Heart Rate. The two photos are self explanatory.

UPDATE:After the storm passed and in between showers I headed for the open road. I planned on doing at least 14 miles if the rain stayed away, but I would have been happy with a few miles. I was on my tenth mile when doing 30 MPH on a slight downhill when I came to a curve in the road. The trike handled the curves real nice, but as I looked ahead at the curve all I could see was grass about two feet high and nothing else. As I came into the turn I saw a carcass of a dead opossum, but I couldn't get out of the way and I ran over the mess. I had pieces of flesh , fur and other garbage all over the trike and me. I cut the ride short at 12 miles and went home to clean up. That was a disgusting thing to happen to anybody, and I hope it never happens again.

Comments

Ashley Guy said…
That's pretty harsh. I haven't ran over any dead animals yet, but I did hit a rabbit on my bike once. I've enjoyed your blog. My trike is being assembled right now, I should have it next week!
Joel said…
Thanks, What trike did you order? It doesn't matter really you will love it no matter what you purchased.
Ashley Guy said…
I got a Wizwheels with some modifications. It's the only one I could find to actually try out. I rode it for about 1/2 hour and loved it.
Joel said…
Congradulations on your purchase, I am sure you will be very pleased.

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride