Horn Update

I was informed this morning that Lt. Gale has a GaleForce Blaster available for me and it will ship Saturday. It will come at just the right time as a mouse found its way into my garage and ate the wiring from the horn.  The horn is sealed so there is no way for me to get in there and solder a new lead on. It is going to take a of ingenuity to mount this horn, but I can't figure it out until I have it in my grubby little hands.


The horn comes with a handle bar mounted button and a battery box that holds the 9 Volt battery. It works with any voltage from 9-15 Volts DC. I might try to find a battery that has more voltage, but time will tell.

As you can see by the photo top left there is connectors in the wiring harness making it easy to move the horn around and take the battery box in if you want in the real cold weather to prevent battery drain. There is more than enough wire to make location of the horn a easy job no matter where I place it.

I will call Lt. Gale today to finalize which mount I need, at this point I can't make a decision. I will post my final report when the horn has been mounted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride