Nice day for a ride!

I left a little later than normal for my ride, but the temperature had not reached 70 yet, so it was perfect for cycling. I rode the Middlebush Road loop two times, a grand total of 20.30 miles. My average speed was 13.09 and my max speed was 23.9. I know I am not a speed demon, but if I wanted speed I would have stayed with a bike and bought a low racer. The first thing that comes out of every DF biker I run into is how fast is it, and I always answer the same way "How fast do you want it to be?" Yes I do like to do a few sprints, just to get the heart moving, but 12 to 15 mph is fine with me. I burnt 946 calories, and at least I feel real good after the ride. Those Endorphins really help with the back and neck pain. The longer the ride the better I feel, but sometimes I just can't do more than ten or fifteen miles. But there are days that thirty miles is easy to do, I take the good days with the bad and I guess they average out. The wind today was from the NNE at 4-9 mph with gusts of 12+ mph. The temperature at the end of my ride was 71 degrees, not what I would call hot.

After I returned I spent a little time putting some Bike Lust (Wax) on the trike and cleaned it up a little. Tomorrow I will wipe the chain and will put some Dumonde on since the chain is making a little noise after about 550 miles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride