I am using this blog to pass on my experiences with my new ActionBent recumbent trike. I will showcase my upgrades and improvements, and my riding experiences.
After the storm
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Last night we had some very severe thunder storms and many branches have fallen. My ride was like an obstacle course, as I was dodging those fallen branches.
Felt really good to get out on the road and put some miles on the trike. I ordered new tires as mine are pretty well worn. They wore slightly uneven more wear on the inside than the outside. Maybe the wheels need to be aligned, but I doubt it chances are it is just from turning sharp at high speed. Well the ride went smooth the weather was sunny and warm with a strong wind. Now I know to expect strong winds when I ride within the development, but they get less powerful when I leave and head out to the local roads.
T his morning I was getting the trike ready to install the wheel covers that are on the UPS truck waiting to be delivered, and I noticed the left side rotor is hitting the disc break caliper. I hope it is just a adjustment. This is not at all the order I wanted to do this project. But I guess I have no choice in the mater. My original idea was to remove wheel, then remove disc rotor and install wheel cover and see if it clears the disc break caliper. But now I have to do the operation twice. I will post an update if things go well or not. I hope the UPS guy gets here soon, this way I only have to do this once not twice. Update #1: As of now I have the rotor fixed and the wheel and breaks removed from the left side of the trike awaiting UPS. I hope they show soon, it is getting hotter by the minute, and the garage is like an oven. I was very lucky that the rotor was not destroyed, and to my surprise the LBS didn't charge me a cent for the repair. I tried to give him a tip, but he w...
I have not had a ride update because I have not been out on the trike in a while. My doctor changed my medications and I have been in sort of a rut. One doctor changed my pain killer which takes a week for my body to adjust, my other doctor changed another medication that takes 14 days for me to adjust. So all in all I am screwed up to say the least. I am in a constant fog for the last few days with horrible headaches. Last night the headache was so bad I just shut the lights and went to sleep. I hope to be out on the trike in the next week or so, and then I will continue posting.
Comments