Velocity Chukker Wheel Update.

When my LBS received my new custom Velocity Chukker wheel we found out it wasn't drilled out for Schrader Valve.  My LBS had no problem drilling it out but we found the Schrader valve was too short for my Mountain Morph Pump to properly attach.  I knew I didn't want to switch tp Presta valves as all my spare tubes are Schrader type.  I knew there were extensions made allowing for different extension lengths.  I wanted the shortest I could find and that happened to be 3/4".  I was forced to order one from MacTools online.  The part was $2.90 but there was tax and shipping bringing the cost to $11.00 USA.  I feel a little ripped off, but shipping choices were limited to UPS.


I am sure this will do what is required so I have to suck it up and stop complaining.

It is raining today so my road test of the wheel will have to wait.  Maybe tomorrow will prove to be a better day.





The options I choose for the wheel were for strength and aerodynamic design. I choose DT-Swiss Aerolite bladed spokes in black and the Velocity ATB rear hub.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride