New rear wheel for the Black Widow

Yesterday I ordered a replacement for my Black Widows rear wheel. I choose a near bulletproof wheel by Velocity. The model is the Chukker deep V. It has a all black rim, black spokes and a black hub. Most wheels other than Disc brake wheels have a machined brake surface. Since the trike has neither disc or caliper brakes an all black wheel with no machined side walls was possible.  So Halters Cycle spoke to Velocity and they are custom making me a wheel with 32 spokes.  Yes this wheel is a little heavier, but it will take a beating, which with the condition of the roads here is very important.   As far as any speed loss, I am not sure how much the weight will effect me.  I am sure it is less weight than my current wheel, so I might see a slight increase in speed.  The wheel will take two to three weeks to get here, I am looking forward to getting it mounted.  I originally planned on the Aerospoke wheel, but found out that I couldn't get it with out the machined sides and if ordered in black it would cost an additional $80.00.  The LBS checked on how long to get the Aerospoke and they were told 6 to 7 weeks. That was out of the question. I will post photos of the wheel when I receive it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride