Fustrated triker (just a little rnat)

I have been having a very hard time getting out to ride and I am getting very frustrated. I have been having contractors working at my home repairing damage from the huge March storm. So for months I have been home baby sitting workers. I have learned from experience that you have to keep an eye on workers to make sure things get done without cutting corners. In general most contractors are highly reliable, but during very hot or cold weather corners get cut to get the jobs done. Well now that the last worker left my home yesterday I was free to ride. So I awoke this morning planning to ride. I had my bike gear on and after breakfast I put on the heart rate monitor and headed out the door. I rode no more that 500 foot from the house and it started to rain. I headed home and put my street cloths on.  It was 1:45 PM and the street was dry and the sun was bright in the sky, so I put on my bike cloths and again headed out the door. I got a block or so away from home when the wind picked up and in a matter of seconds the sky got black and the rain started to fall. I again headed home and redressed in my street cloths. That is it for today I am just fustrated and angry.  Tomorrow calls for the same type of weather, so I am not sure if I will be bold or stupid enough to try again.

Now for some trike updates.  I was at the LBS yesterday to discuss using Aeroplugs on my new wheel.  We spoke at length and I decided with some knowledgeable help that I will stick to Velox rim tape.  I was also told that my wheel is not expected until the end of the month, I hope it comes sooner.


As soon as I am able to get out and ride I will do a test video using my Sunglasses Video camera. The device records for about an hour at 720 X 480 resolution. They are very lite and use Polaroid lenses. For memory it uses a 8 gb trans-flash card, or some people call a mini SD card. I have done a video using my SUV, but riding the trike is much different than a car or truck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride