Orthotics Innersoles ordered & Neckrest Modification

As a person with a high arch I am sometimes plagued with foot pain. Cycling does not help as I am putting constant pressure on the pedals. Normal Orthotics  are to large for use in cycling shoes as they are tight fitting. I did some research and have seen forum posts about Spenco RX Thin sole Orthotics. The retail price for these heat shaped innersoles is $29.99 plus shipping, and I bought my size on EBay for $15.00 including shipping.  I am hopping I can mold these using the oven or boiling water as I do not have a heat gun. Below is a photo of the innersoles.
Today I was looking over my neckrest mount after having a conversation with krispysteve from BentRiderOnline. I have decided I wanted a little stronger mount system, as there seems to be a little lateral movement at certain times.  Steve recommended that I buy a Topeak BarXtender as it has a solid center bar. I took a chance and ordered one, but I am hoping that the tubular bar that supports the neckrest will be long enough. Looking at a photo it is hard to judge actual size. Either way it is ordered and on the way. Below is the photo of the bar extended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride