Chain Tubes here but a no go

The chain tubes came the other day, but they are over 3/4" to short. I ordered 7.5" but for some reason they were 6.75" and they expose the frame to damage. I called the vendor and they are going to redo the order.  This a a pain as I had uncoupled the chain from the master link, removed the old chain tubes and replaced with the new ones, that is when I realized the problem. I closed the Master Link and will have to start over again when they get here.  Monday UPS should deliver the handlebars, but with all this horrible stormy weather who knows. When they do get here I plan to remove the old ones and install the new ones. While I have the old one off I will strip the bar-ends off the old set and install them on the new set.  The rest I will leave to the LBS as I am still not proficient as a mechanic, and if I screw it up it will cost me more cash to correct the mess. After the work on the chain tubes I will have to give the trike a wax job as it is dirty and the shine is there, but not deep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride