Fantastic Ride and Tire report.

Early this afternoon I went over to my LBS and had my new Marathon HS-368 tires installed on the front of my trike. I had thought that adding tires with an aggressive tread would reduce my average speed by 1 to 1.5 mph, but I seem to be wrong. Instead of a reduction in speed I seem to have gained from 3/4 to 1 mph average. I will know for sure after I ride a few more times. I re-calibrated the computer using the roll out method and also used my Adeo GPS Trainer as my second speed monitor. I rode 13.47 miles at an average speed of 13.24 mph and a top speed of 22.40 mph. I burnt 636 calories in that hour. The wind was gusting to 15 mph from the west and the lowest wind speed was 8 mph. The temperature was a nice 68 degrees. My Adeo is acting up, so my next major purchase will be the Garmin Edge 305. I also purchased a small bag that fits the cross T of the trike and straps to the large tube and the headset. I will use it to hold my wallet and cellphone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride