Steering Modification Kit has arrived

Tom's steering modification kit arrived today and I installed it as soon as I got home. It took about 20 minutes to remove the old kit and install the new kit. Tom did a beautiful job with the design. Instead of having to use a bracket that connects to the fender mount, it uses a nice rubber coated 3/4" tubing strap. The strap is nicely finished, but I think I will do a brushed finish on it, which will give it a little pizazz! I put the safety bracket on top of the main bracket, but Tom pointed out that the intent was for it to be below so it would have a cleaner look. I will replace the bracket early tomorrow morning before my ride, so that I am not working in the heat of the day.

Left & Right Steering Brackets
Front View of steering bracket and tie-rod

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride