Ride report and tire installation

This morning early I went to buy stamps at the post office and I just asked if there was a package for me, and sure enough the new pair of Scorcher TR tires had arrived. As soon as I returned home I went to work removing the old tires one at a time. The beads are real hard to break away from the rims, but after a little fighting using my tire irons I was able to free the first tire and remove the tube. I then went to work mounting the new tires which was a job and a half. Those tire beeds areal tight and took a lot of effort to mount the tire. It took about 45 minutes to remove and then mount the new tires. Next time a soapy solution should do the job a little easier. I took the trike for a test ride just to make sure the tires were set properly and not twisted which causes bumpy ride. I inflated each tire to 90 PSI which was the same pressure the original Scorcher TR tires were. Right off the starting line I noticed that the ride of the new Scorchers was much more comfortable and less harsh. I also noticed that getting up to speed and maintaining it was easier, plus there was a definite increase in speed over the worn Scorchers. This has taught me a valuable lesson, that once the wear indicators are not visible replace the tire. Unless there is another tire that is as fast as as bulletproof as the Scorchers, I will not be switching. The new comer on the market is the Kojak HS 385, but I am waiting to hear the reports.

After changing into my riding cloths, I headed out for a 11.13 miles on local roads, and streets. The temperature was 72 degrees at the start and 76 degrees at the end of the ride. My average speed was 12.90 and my maximum speed was 27.30 mph. The winds today were from the WNW at 8-22 mph with gusts to 28 mph. I burnt 539 calories, and felt real good after. The total length for this ride was 55:55 seconds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride