No Ride maintenance Day

Yesterday I had a full plate, so there was no time to ride. Today I am going out to my daughters in PA for Father's day , so this will be another day without riding. Yesterday I had some time after my wife and I finished all our chores, so I decided that I had enough time to lubricate the trike. I wiped the chain real well and inspected it for damage then lubricated each chain link using Dumonde Tec. lite. Lubricating each link is time consuming, but I have it down to a science. I figured out a little trick so I that I can be sure I lubricate each and every link. I bring the master link to the edge of my bottom chain-ring, then insert a spring clip in the link next to my bottom chain tube. I then start lubricating from the pin to the chain-ring. Then back pedal the crank so the pin is now at the bottom of the chain-ring. I remove the pin and re-insert it next to the bottom chain tube, and lubricate again starting at the pin to the chain-ring. I repeat this process until all the links are done and the master link is once again at the bottom of the chain-ring. Using this method I am always sure that the links are lubed and not skipped.

I
still haven't done anything about tires, as I feel there are still some life in these tires. I won't wait to long, as I don't want to be stuck with tires that are not ridable and no tires on order. Tomorrow before I ride I will inspect the tires real well and if necessary fill any cracks with Silicon Seal which works wonders in sealing those little pesky cracks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride