The start of a new week!

This weekend was uneventful other than a trip to the Ben Franklin Institute in Philadelphia, PA to see the King Tut exhibit. The price for two was very expensive for an exhibit that contained only 33 objects from King Tut and the rest was from there regular Egyptian exhibit. On top of the $76.00 admission fee there was an additional fee of $12.00 to have the audio tour. At this time it is beyond the reach of the average family to attend. And I am sure none of the inner city kids get to appreciate it. After the exhibit the four of us that is my wife and our friends went to a small bistro for late lunch. The food and wine were excellent and I destroyed my diet for the week. But no one is interested in my diet! Enough of my ranting and back to other things.

This morning I finalized the sale of my Radical Design Panniers to another bentrideronline member. I received prompt payment and I sent the package out Priority mail. She should have it by Friday the latest. My new Axiom Monsoon panniers should be here by the end of the week if they get shipped today or tomorrow.

This morning I had some time in between my running to the Post Office and the store to do a closeup tire inspection. I found a few and I mean two or three minute cuts on the contact patch of the tire. These were less than 1/16" in size and no way to patch. If it was any larger I would have used some Silicon Seal to fill the gap. I am extremly happy the way the Greenspeed Scorcher TR tires are holding up. They look like there might be at least another thousand mile in them.

Tom informed me this morning that his wife was going to ship the steering upgrade package today and I should have it by the end of the work week. I will be looking forward to testing this, but the weather doesn't look like it will cooperate. I hope the weather goes back to normal Spring warmer weather, but who knows.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride