TerraCycle Idler Is In!



Yesterday the postman dropped off my package with the new TerraCycle Idler Kit. I spent a good few hours removing the chain tubes and mounts, then removing the old idler and its mount. I proceeded to install the idler in different locations to see which was the best for me. I found that if I install the idler 3 inches in front of the existing idler location, it would give me the chain clearance I needed above and below the axle shaft. I also found that I could remove and reinstall the tie-rod into its original configuration with my bronze bushings. The idler comes with a mount that has three holes in it allowing for vertical movement of the idler, in other words you can mount the idler at different heights. As soon as I finished tie-wrapping the chain tubes I took the Black Window out for a ride. The idler handled very well as I shifted, and it moved side to side as I changed forward and rear gears. A 150% improvement over the existing idler, I highly recommend it to anybody with a AB trike.

This morning I brought the trike over to the LBS to get the gears straightened out and smooth shifting again. I also changed the top chain tube mount to one I made from a drills chuck key holder. I will try to do the same for the lower chain tube. I will provide an update when this is done.

This afternoon I took the trike for a 14 mile jaunt and found it to be operating better than its driver. I couldn't get with it today, and that is another story that I won't bore you with. That's all for now!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks Joel for this...I'm doing this mod now on my new T1

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride