Wind In My Face!

This morning I headed to our the local sporting goods shop to pick up a pair of ankle height Dri-Wick socks to wear with my Schimano Sandals. I think the socks will prevent blistering, but I will find out soon enough.

When I returned home, I put on my bike riding gear and answered some email. I stalled a bit waiting for the sun to come out from behind the clouds. The last couple of weeks the wind has been very strong and today was no exception. The temperature was 63 degrees with a constant wind of 12 mph. No mater which way I turned the trike the wind was in my face, you would think it was doing it on purpose. I still managed to get a short 10 miles in, but I would have liked it to be longer. As usual there was plenty of utility work going on but nothing preventing me from my riding. On State Route 27 where I travel for a good portion of my ride has a shoulder to ride on in many places, but today there were cars, trucks and tractor trailers parked on the shoulder forcing me to ride in the traffic lane. Most of the drivers I encountered were very understanding and gave me plenty of room.

Another days mail has come and gone and still no delivery from Nashbar. I have gotten packages from Hong Kong faster than from Ohio. Nashbar tells me they can't do anything until 12 business days have passed. They did say if it isn't here by Friday they will re-ship it Fedex 2nd day. I have no choice but to wait and see.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride