Ride Report

This morning I awaited the rise in temperature so that I can take a long ride. I had planned to do the D & R Canal tow path from Mercer to Blackwells Mills crossing. When the temperature hit 60 degrees I loaded the trike in the SUV and headed for the parking lot at the canal house. The sun was shining and there was a slight breeze when I arrived. I unloaded the trike and started up the trail, there were parts of the trail that were a bit damp from all the rain, but I could avoid the puddles with out to much zig and zag. I was about 6 miles into the ride and enjoying it very much when it started to sprinkle. I saw the sun was still out so I figured it was a sun shower. I went maybe another 100 or so feet when I ran into a DF biker I knew. He informed me that the trail was under water a few hundred yards away. I decided that if the DF rider turned back it would be up to my neck on the trike. So all in all I had a nice ride but only got 12 miles in today. It seems that every time I try to break the 12 to 14 mile ride something happens to cut it short. Maybe tomorrow I can get over the hump.

On another note: I have been watching my tires very closely for any uneven wear, so that I would know if the tires are aligned properly. So far nothing shows a problem. I cleaned and lubricated the chain yesterday and dusted the trike today. Maintaining a trike or bike is of great importance if you want to have it for a long while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride