Nashbar Delivery

After having Nashbar Fedex a replacement heart rate monitor for delivery on Monday, the postman showed up with the package. Now on Monday I will have to call and ask for a pre-paid label to ship one back. If Nashbar would not try to make money on the shipping this would not have happened. I don't feel sorry for them at all! On Monday I will mount the heart rate monitor on the Black Widow and post pictures of the new cockpit.

Last evening I went to my local optical store to buy a pair of Bolle vigilante sunglasses to use instead of my very good ones. The wind and dust are destroying the lenses. The price at my local store was less expensive than online stores. I bought the silver frame with the TNS lens. I can buy different colored lenses as needed, they also sell a add on prescription holder.

In a hour or so I will try to get out and ride, but there are things I must do at home first. I will update the Blog after I ride.

UPDATE: I had some time so I able to ride, the weather was perfect so it made for a great ride. The wind today was 6 MPH from the NNE which is about average for around here. A few clouds in the sky, but very bright. I deviated from my usual course and went South two miles to a new bike path, which is not to far away, but it is a very short path. I was able to reach speeds above 20 MPH while just coasting do to the incline. I had a blast and did it a few times. One day I have to weigh the trike and all the equipment I carry. I know I added a good 16 OZ to the trike when I put the Slime in, but the feel secure factor made it a no brainier. I have 2 20" tubes 1 26" tube a pump, gloves, patches, tire irons, multi-tool and my lock, not counting the panniers and rear rack. I will just have to build up my bent legs, to accommodate the load.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride