Lots of Rain Maybe no ride report!

We had lots of rain last night, we needed it real bad. Today it is very cloudy and 60 degrees, I am not sure I will get out for a ride if the ground is still wet. Not having fenders on the trike make it a messy ride when wet. I will look for a break in the weather and head out if possible. Today the wind is only 4 MPH out of the NNW which makes for not bad riding. I will post an UPDATE if anything new happens.

UPDATE: I was able to get out today and ride, but I ended up with my first flat tire. I removed the tire and tube and patched the tube, but it wouldn't take air. The location I was in had so much road noise that I couldn't hear or feel the air escaping the tube. I even tried water and looked for bubbles, but no joy. I had a spare tube, but when I opened the box it was a 1.50 to 1.75 tube not 1.25, so I had to walk home. I loaded the trike into my truck and headed for the LBS. While there I replaced the tube and picked up one extra. I also had them put Slime in all my tires, with my back the way it is, that was the only choice. I did 10 miles before this happened and I am going out to do another 4 miles now.

The recumbent club I belong to is called MARS and we have decided to have custom club jersey's made, something I have wanted for a long while. The members have been asked to vote on the issue, either a YES or NO vote. So far all the votes I saw were a YES vote. We then have to order samples for members to try on, and after that is done we will take orders from members and place it with the manufacture. By the way MARS stands for the Metro Area Recumbent Society.

I checked with Nashbar this morning and was given the Fedex tracking number. I will have the package Monday according to Fedex.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride