Chain Lubrication!

I am looking for a good chain lubrication product. Below is my requirements.
1. Easy to apply with a thicker solution
2. Cleans the chain.
3. Dries to a wax finish.
4. Does not collect dirt.
5. Good in wet as well as dry climate.
6. Clings to chain and moving parts.

I have tested the following products with not such stellar results.
1. Pro Link Chain Lubrication:
A. A mess to apply gets all over the place, and looks black when dry.
B. Chain drive was very noisy after lubrication.
C. Got all over my legs.

2. Finish Line Teflon Plus:
A. Spray bottle, went on fairly easy.
B. Still a mess to apply.
C. Until dry it was all over.
D. Dries black and very noticeable on the trike and its drive train.
E. Did make the drive very quiet.

I am going to try and find Pedros ICE in my area, seems harder to find than Finish Line and Pro Link. I used it before on my Trek R200 recumbent bike with very good results. I will test this as soon as I get it.

Here are the results of using Pedros ICE Wax lubricant:
1. Pedros was easy to apply
2. Very little dripping
3. Chain looked extremely clean after first ride.
4. Little or no chain drive noise.

Pedros is the winner by far! Great results after first ride.

On another subject: Today I did my usual 12 miles on the trike. And again the head wind was pretty stiff around 13 mph, and my legs felt like mush the time I got back. But I still had a good ride. I always feel good after I exercise. Tomorrow I might head for the D & R Canal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride