Bad Weather Project!

Got up this morning to thunder storms and huge down poor of rain. I was having a huge amount of pain in my back, something I have when the weather is cold or rainy. I needed a project to fill the time, so I thought long and hard and came up with something I knew I needed. I had ordered a heart rate monitor from Nashbar and needed to build another mount as I did for the computer. So I headed over to Home Depot to pick up the needed parts. The reflector mount I had already purchased a couple of weeks ago at my local LBS for $1.00 US, the other parts, a CPVC 1/2" coupling and two plastic caps a cost of $0.97 US I purchased at Home Depot. I first marked and drilled two holes in the 1/2" CPVC coupling matching the two holes in the reflector mount. I then screwed the coupling to the mount and placed one of the plastic caps on each end of the coupling. To finish the mount off I painted it black to match the Black Widows finish.

The second project for today is to put the heat shrink tubing on the flag shaft so it won't rub and make noise while riding. That project took no more than a few minutes. Both projects took 2 hours together including traveling to the Home Depot and back.

The heart rate monitor I ordered from Nashbar is the Sigma Sport BC3 2004. As soon as it is mounted on the trike I will post photographs.

Well my back is really bad and I should lay down and get the weight off of it. I am very glad I am not over weight, because it would hurt even more. Hopefully the weather permitting I will get out for a ride.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride