Amateur error cost me!

Today after completing my ride I found out how an amateur error can cost me in frustration and physical pain.  For days I have been complaining that I am not able to get my bent legs back in shape and that it is extremely hard on my legs and is has sapped me of strength.  Well after today's ride I was pushing the trike into its position in the garage and I noticed how hard it was to move.  I decided to see what was wrong and I spun each wheel and found that the left front disc brake was rubbing firmly against the rotor. In two minutes I adjusted the caliper and once again the brakes are in place and the wheel spins freely.  I am sure I put a lot of stress and wear on the rotor and brake shoe, so by the end of the season I might have to check if a new one is necessary.  How stupid I have been not to check such a simple thing, and how a simple solution solved my problem.  My legs feel like rubber and I hurt, but it was a lesson I will not soon forget.  I was so happy to get riding I didn't perform my usual maintenance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride