Kuat Bottle Lock Arrived yesterday

Yesterday USPS delivered my Kuat bottle lock and I was highly impressed with the ingenuity of the thing.  As I said it isn't a heavy duty theft protection device, but a secondary line of defense for when I make short stops.  The cable isn't very thick about 5 mm I guess and a length of 5 feet.  Enough length to go through the back wheel and frame around a post through the front wheel and back to the Bottle Lock.  It has a compartment on the bottom to hold the keys, but I wouldn't do that. The key goes around my neck on a light chain.

The lock slides easily into my Carbon Fiber bottle cage.  I have three cages on the trike but only one is suitable for the lock as the others seem a bit to loose for my liking and might rattle.  you know how much I detest rattles.

At this time I feel confident that the combination of the Kuat Bottle Lock and my Bike alarm will serve as a mid level deterrent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride