Ready for the road

Yesterday the last of the repairs were completed.  The brake rotor was slightly bent, but the LBS was able to straighten it without a problem. I am still in a lot of pain and my arm looks nasty, but I am going to be riding tomorrow.  It won't be a long ride, but just enough to give me a taste.  Thinking back to my accident, I came up with the following impressions:
1. I was going to fast for the road conditions.
2. I wasn't thinking as I know how the roads here get after days of rain, and I should have avoided the conditions that put in that place.
I am not going to cry over spilled milk, but move on and avoid the situation in the future. I know sometimes I can be foolhardy and go a lot faster than I should.  The fellow from the LBS said that I had to be doing over 20 mph as I passed him and he was doing 22+.  Oh well accidents do happen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride