New Bearings Installed with a little fighting!

This morning the Bearing Tool arrived and I had already removed the wheels and axles from the trike. I tried my best to remove the axles from the wheels, but they would not give way. I picked up my stuff and headed for the Halters Cycles where Jason was able to get the axle and bearings out. Next the four bearings were installed and I left to reassemble the trike. It took me all of 15 minutes to have the wheels back on and the brakes installed. The left brake worked perfectly but the right was rubbing. I tried my best to see what was wrong but no dice. Another visit to the shop corrected the problem,  The rotor was ever so slightly warped, but Jason has a tool to correct the problem. Tomorrow as soon as the weather clears I will be out testing the install.  I do not foresee any problems as the bearings went in with out a hitch. The inner lock nut couldn't be tightened all the way as it bound the bearing, but a slight fraction of an inch loose corrected the problem. My two inner lock nuts were not tight in the original install so I assume that is OK.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride