Velocity Chukker Wheel Test Ride

I decided to do a test of my new Velocity Chukker wheel and I had an interesting surprise. First here is my ride report for today. I rode 9.20 miles in 37:57 minutes with an average speed of 14.5 mph which is my highest average ever.  My max speed was 24.5 mph and I burnt 493 calories.  My heart rate average was 154 bpm while my max was 173 bpm.  The temperature was 81 degrees and the wind was coming from the ESE at 15 mph, making riding into the headwind hard at times.


Now for the surprise! My average speed on this route with very little headwind is usually around 12.4 mph.  Today with the new wheel my average speed was 14.5 mph, which is 2 miles per hour faster.  I am not sure if this is a good sign or some placebo effect.


Below is my stats for today's ride.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride