The good the bad and the pain!

This morning I looked out at the beautiful sky and decided today is going to be great. I had breakfast and headed out for my ride. I put the Garmin on the instrument pod and headed out. First thing I noticed was that the regular computer not the Garmin had no speed readout. I stopped and looked at the sensor alignment and that was in order. I then pressed the battery test button and found that the battery was dead. Not a big deal as I keep a stock of 2032 batteries at home. I continued to ride and then noticed the top frame bag kept flapping over, nothing that tightening the straps would not fix. I continued the ride and at about 5 miles in I started to get toe cramps on my left foot. I pedaled through the pain and it subsided, then I realized I didn't have my shoe inserts installed. The pain continued for the remainder of the ride, but not to be a total loss I started to get calve pain. I know the calve pain is from not riding for a year my muscles became limp to say the least. I ended up heading home after 6.5 miles and a 205' elevation gain. All and all I am not upset with my first true ride, I truly didn't expect to get back to the way I was in one ride. My average speed was 11.9 Mph and my top speed was 19.5 Mph and I burnt 267 calories.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride