Adjusting the cages

After installing the twin Carbon Fiber water bottle cages yesterday, I didn't have a chance to sit in the seat and try them out.  Well this morning I realized that I had made them parallel to the sides of the seat which make it hard to access.  The fix for that was to loosen the cage mount screws and angle the cage mount at the top away from the seat.  Once I did the angling of the mount I tightened the screws and nuts and replaced the bottles. I again sat in the seat and tried out this position.  Well the change made a big difference, and I am happy with this position.  I had even toyed with the idea of moving both cages toward the top back of the seat and quickly changed my mind as the look was horrible.  One thing I found out after purchasing the trike, is that accessories come and go and arrangements change as the seasons.  I am always experimenting with different things and that is the fun of it.


Some time this morning I am going over to the LBS to see if they have a 24oz Polar bottle in white to match my existing one. My search for the Zefal aluminum bottle was fruitless as it is no longer made. When moving the bottle cages around I realized that my small white Polar bottle is hard to remove from the cage as it is shorter than the 24oz on the other side of the seat. I thought I had another white one, but I sure can't find it.  One of these days I will spend some time in my garage/shop and clean it up, so maybe then I can find things.

As of yesterday I have received the following items and am expecting the following items.

RECEIVED:

1.  New handle bars
2. Minour water bottle mount
3. Two Carbon Fiber water bottle cages
4. Black Widow logo
5. New cross arm logos
6. Two plastic head rest brackets

WAITING FOR:

1. BikeBrake Parking brake
2. Two screws for mirror extensions
3. Spenco  Orthotic bike shoe innersoles
4. Kucharik recumbent skin shorts
5. The Finer Recliner Henely in Gold
6. Topeak BarXtender for new neckrest
7. BETTER RIDING WEATHER

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride