Additional Work Performed Today

This afternoon I was just sitting and looking at my chain line and realized that my FastBack Frame pack was extremely near to the chain, and depending on what ring the chain was in would hit the pack.  After looking at the pack for a while I realized the pack was very sloppy and to darn flexible.  I decided that there has to be something I can do to correct this problem. I pondered the problem and looked around the workshop and sitting in front of me was the answer.  Of all things it was a panel from a long discarded vertical blind made of plastic. I went and took some measurements of the inside of the pack, and cut out two pieces matching the measurements I had taken.  I Laminated the two pieces together using Crazy Glue forming a rigid light weight wall. I then installed two pieces of Velcro to the back of the wall. The inside of the Frame Pack already had Velcro on the back so all I needed was the opposite side of the Velcro strip so it would mate and hold. I  then inserted the plastic wall and mated it to the Velcro. I now had a rigid back on my Frame Pack which now doesn't contact the chain. Below are a few photos showing the stiffening wall and the chain-line. I was on the phone with Robert from TerraCycle regarding him making me two custom chain tubes. I mentioned to him about the bag problem and he said that the new ones include the stiffening wall. When I receive the two chain tubes I will post a photo and why I made them.
UPDATE:After looking at my completed project I felt it needed something. So I covered the stiffening wall with Black Velvet Contact Paper, for a more finished look.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride