No rides do to rain but equipment update report

After my last report, I had been doing some basic maintenance on the trike when I noticed that my front left tire had an area where the threads were starting to show. I am not all all pleased with the wear I am getting using the Greenspeed Scorcher TR tires. This is my second set and I have no choice but to change tires. I have decided to go with the Marathon HS368 which have a very good reputation for durability anf flat prevention. As far as how much of a hit I will be taking regarding speed, I will not know until I take my first ride. I asked my local bike shop to get them for me, and I am hoping they are here by tomorrow so I have them for my group ride on Monday.

My replacement rear fender should be here on Tuesday as it is coming from California. It was strange how it cracked, I will have to modify the mounts to prevent this from happening again. I ordered the Planet Bike Freddy Recumbent fender which looks like it is the same type I have on the rear of the trike now.

I guess I won't be riding today as it is once again raining. I can't believe how much rain we are having here, I can't remember when it has rained so much in May.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride