Finally broke the average speed barrier

Today was the first ride where I broke the 12+ mph barrier. I had an average speed of 13.28 and had a max speed of 23.90 mph. I rode 15.61 miles and burnt 737 calories. The weather was a warm but comfortable 74 degrees with the wind from the SW at 6-20 mph. I am real tired with these constant winds. I don't remember when the wind was so constant, I remember hot stagnant days.

My rack made it to NJ yesterday so I should have it today or tomorrow, I am hoping for today. I love doing projects on the trike, it keeps my mind sharp. The Epidural shot seems to be taking hold which makes me very happy.

UPDATE: My rack showed up at 2:30 and I had the old one removed and the new one installed within one hour. I had to modify the brackets and lower its height a slight bit to conform with my 26" 559 rear wheel. I had to tighten the shock chords on the panniers as the support hooks on the rack were a little shorter than on the old rack. I also had to remount the speakers and throw some tie-wraps around the fender support to prevent the old rattle. The new rack has larger tubes and looks a lot nicer.

Comments

No pics of the new rack? :)

Welcome back, Joel!

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride