Brake test ride

This afternoon I left after a lite lunch to ride and test my new Avid BB-7 Disc Brakes. The winds were very strong at 25 mph from the North making riding a nightmare. At about 7 miles into my ride the front right brake started to rub, so I decided to go off course and head to the bike shop. As soon as I got there Chris went to work adjusting the brakes and in a few minutes I was back on the road heading home. Under normal circumstances I would have loaded the trike into the SUV and drove over, but at the cost of gas I decided to pedal over. I am using my trike more and more for local shopping hoping to save a little. Riding to the bike shop I have to travel on US 1 which is highly dangerous, but it was for about 1/2 mile each way so I chanced it.
To the left is a photo of the Delta Mega Rack that I installed last week. Tomorrow if all goes well I will post a photo of the brakes on the trike. The 2008 BB-7 brakes are now black. As you can see the tubes on the Delta are very robust compared to my old rack. They are larger but lighter than the Mountain rack.

Todays ride was 14.13 miles with an average speed of 12.12 mph and a max speed of 23.80 mph. I burnt 667 calories fighting the wind the whole way there and back. The wind today was from the North at 26 mph with stronger gusts. The temperature was a nice 71 degrees.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride