Battling Mother Nature

After I had my Yogurt for lunch I changed into my riding gear to head out for my daily ride. With the intention of a easy ride at a leisurely pace, I was in great spirits. When i left the house it was a little overcast, but the sun was peeking through the clouds. As I rode the winds started to increase and the temperature started to drop. The next thing I knew I was battling a constant 26 mph head wind, making riding a nightmare. I said to my self "that I wouldn't give up and continue the ride". I managed to complete one loop which is a total of 13.25 miles. My average speed was 10.71 which I felt was great while having to deal with the wind. My maximum speed was 20.0 mph. The temperature was on average 59 degrees. I burnt 626 calories which was according to the Adeo GPS but that doesn't take into account the force of the wind just the speed. I am hoping that tomorrow brings better weather, so I can get back into my summer shape.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride