Another day in the life of a triker


This morning after eating a simple high fiber breakfast I headed out to halters cycles to buy a pair of Shimano SH-M182 SPD shoes. While there he mounted my Speedplay Frog pedals and adjusted the position of the cleats. I gave them a quick test in the huge parking lot, and he then made the final adjustment. On my first ride today I had to play with the front two straps as it felt tight around my instep, but once adjusted they were fine. I do love the ratchet strap adjustment on the top most strap. The least expensive I could find these shoes for was $159.00 and they charged me $107.00, I got a great deal!

After getting back home with the trike and the shoes, I unloaded the trike and went out to meet the wife for a quick lunch. After lunch I headed home and got my gear ready for my daily ride. I had a little bit of apprehension regarding the cramps I had yesterday and was still feeling today. I rode 13.27 miles at an average speed of 12.08 mph and a top speed of 22.3 Mph. I burnt 626 calories during this ride. I had no pain in my calves , which was a great relief. The weather was a comfortable 74 degrees with the wind out of the NW at 5 Mph.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride