I had a real workout today!

Uploaded the .gpx file to www.bikely.com
This morning I joined a ride with a group of riders that I have only rode with one rider. There was another recumbent in the group, and I found out at the start that they are fast riders. The total ride was 23.81 grueling miles with some steep hills and a few fantastic down hill runs. I managed to keep up with these riders, but my friend pulled out and called for someone to pick him up. I agree that he did the correct thing, and I doubt he will attempt riding with them for a while. With all the hills my average speed was 11.92 mph and my max speed on the down hill was 31.50 mph, and the trike was extremely stable and I could have exceeded 40 if I had let go of the brakes. The temperature was in the 90's and the time I reached home it was 97 degrees with a wind from the NE at 5 mph. During the ride I burnt 1153 calories, and I weighed myself and I was down to 153.5 pounds, which is 1/2 lb more than my target weight. I know that it was water weight, but I feel a lot better when I am close to my target.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride