Ride report and steering test!

After lunch with my cycling friends we headed to the road for a short ride. I needed to test yesterdays changes to the steering brackets and the new alignment I did this morning. We rode a leisurely 13.13 miles in 1 hour 0 minutes and 47 seconds and I burnt 636 calories. The riding conditions were about average for around here. The wind was coming from the SSE at 4-12 mph with a temperature of 88 degrees. The humidity was 66%, but it felt worse to me, I came home soaked to the bone.

To recap what I did yesterday with the steering brackets was to remove the two washers under each tie-rod ball end, and inflate the tires to 85 PSI. The results were excellent, the induced oscillation was all but gone, which to me was acceptable and no need to change anything, but I am tempted to move the brackets to the top of the kingpin to test that position. So if my theory is correct, tire pressure plays into the alignment game and that is the first thing that must be done prior to an alignment.

For about a month now I have been using Fruit 2-0 Hydration as my drinking source during rides and find it works very fast to restore the electrolyte balance during and after rides. It comes in a four pack at my local Stop & Shop. I will continue to use this until something better comes on the market that is available in my local stores.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride