Ride report and steering test updates

I started my ride with the intention of riding at least 20 miles, but the wind was not in my favor. The temperature was a beautiful 73 degrees, but the wind was a constant 11 mph until there was a gust to 19+ mph. It was like I rode into a brick wall. I ended with 12.09 miles in 53:31 minutes and burnt 586 calories. My average speed was 12.86 and a max speed of 23.40 mph.

Yesterday I removed the tie-rod from the trike in order to add 4 washers in between the bracket and the ball end, which raised the tie-rod up about 3/8". I then rode my normal route and came to the following conclusions.
1. The steering is not as twitchy as in the standard position.
2. Steering seemed a little stiffer.
3. Overall feeling in my opinion is better.
I am almost sure this is the best position, and I will leave it there for long hall.

I had lubricated my cleats and noticed that there was a clicking noise coming from the right pedal. After looking at the cleat I realized that the clit was worn way down. I had no problems with it un-clipping, but I changed the cleats to the new style. I had an extra set. I tested it with no clicking to be heard.

I will take some photographs of the new steering bracket setup today or tomorrow.

Comments

Sandy said…
Blog surfing and found your blog. How do you like this bike compared to a standard bike?
Joel said…
Hi Sandy! There is a huge difference in riding a recumbent bike or trike compared to a standard bike. The recumbent is much more comfortable and you have a better view of the road as you aren't straining your neck to see. No more pains in the seat or neck are some of the benefits. You should find a Local bike shop that carries recumbent bikes and give one a test drive. I think once you change you will never go back.

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride