Local Ride Report and Additional Steering Tests!

After lunch I started my daily ride, I felt a little out of sorts as I haven't ridden for a number of days. We were out in PA visiting my daughter and her growing family. I rode 13.43 miles in 01:02:39 and burnt 650 calories. My average speed was 12.90 mph while my max speed was 27.50. The weather was 84 degrees and the wind was from the SSE at 5-16 mph.

T
he honeymoon with the steering upgrade is still not up as I have been trying different positions to see the handling results. The previous ride I removed two of the spacers under the tie-rod ball ends on each side and tested it today. I felt a moderate induced vibration or oscillation while riding on uneven surfaces. So I returned home and removed the remaining two washers two on each side and went out to continue my ride. I still felt a less significant oscillation, but it is still there. Tomorrow if I am able to ride I will continue the trial and error testing. After I returned I pumped the tires up to 85 PSI to see if tire pressure helps reduce the effect. I will continue with the tests until I obtain the perfect balance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride