Steering Upgrade Final Bracket tests.

The new steering brackets were installed yesterday, but I had made a error installing the 3/4" strap. For appearance sake I should have mounted the strap under the bracket, so first thing this morning I made the modification. I also put my steel wire brush on my Dremal tool and touched it to the bracket giving it a swirl pattern which gives the bracket a finishing touch.

N
ow for the test and ride report! I figured I would be able to test the bracket better if I used my normal route. So early this morning i headed out for my ride. The air felt heavy and it was hard to breath, the temperature was a 88 degrees but with the humidity being 48% the temperature felt like 96 degrees. I started my ride and was able to have an average speed of 13.14 mph and a max speed of 22.50 mph. I rode 11.12 miles in 50 minutes 56 seconds and burnt 535 calories. I noticed right off the starting line, that the steering was much more crisp and it took a very light hand on the steering to keep it in control. There is also the chance of over steering if you man handle the controls. So as with the old brackets you must be aware of these things. Overall this was a fantastic upgrade to do as it improves the handling a huge amount. The position of the mounting bracket is now under the kingpin not on top, and it brings the tie-rod about 1/2" lower than before, so it is closer to Ackerman Steering as you can get. The photographs reflect the change I made to the 3/4" straps.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride