Ride report and other updates

This morning was my first ride do to bad weather and other events. I rode 20.48 miles and burnt 954 calories. The temperature was a beautiful 78 degrees, but the wind as usual was real strong. I guess i better get accustomed to these strong winds. The wind was form the South South West at 9-28mph with much stronger gusts. While riding I cam to a few spots that were free of trees and other obstructions and the wind hit me like a freight train, and I was actually pushed a little, I am glad I was not on a bike. My average speed on this ride was 12.46mph and my top speed was 26.5mph. I was just glad to be able to ride today. I truly wanted to ride some more but there were some real nasty looking clouds and the weather report said severe thunder storms.

I have always rode with a wicking head sweat, but always felt that it was in the way and a little hot on warm days. A bunch of people a while back suggested a product called the Sweat GUTR. It is a band that goes around your head above your eyebrows and redirects the sweat away from your eyes and down the sides of your face. I decided to give one of these a try, and I will review it after I try it.

On another subject that I have to address in a few hundred miles is another set of front tires. I am nearing 3,000 miles on my set of Scorcher TR tires and the wear indicators are still showing, but I have no idea how long they will be visible. Once they are no longer visible I will have to replace them. I hope not for a long while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride