Great ride today!

This morning I headed out for my daily ride, which I didn't do on Saturday or Sunday do to prior commitments. The weather couldn't be nicer, the temperature at start of ride was 68 degrees and quickly climbed to 78 degrees. The winds were from the North at 5-7mph which slowed my speed down on the flats as they run North to South. My distance for today was 22.22 miles and I burnt 1035 calories. My average speed was 13.28 and my max speed was 23.50mph.

As I had said in a prior post that I was testing the SweatGUTR, and I am happy to report it works very well. My only complaint is that I still have sweat in my eyes from my lids, but that is no fault of the SweatGUTR. I am a little cooler now that I am not wearing my Headsweat. I do recommend this product for those that want to keep as much sweat out of their eyes as possible.

On another subject (Socks) Yes I said socks!. Over the years I have tried many different socks to wear with my cycling shoes and none lived up to the promise of dry feet and durability. The last I tried, were Nike sport socks which came up just below the ankle bone. They did keep my feet dry to a point, but they kept sliding down below the back of my shoes and my foot became irritated. These socks are not supposed to shrink, but they must have. My latest foray into this subject are the Pearl Izumi Attack socks which sell for $6.99 per pair and come up above my ankle, and so far are not sliding and they do keep my feet dry. I will inform my readers if this is a viable solution.

Comments

Merrill Gay said…
Hi Joel,
My answer to the sock problem (really my answer to numb feet) was to switch to shimano cycling sandals. Since I inherited the family square feet cycling shoes were always tight. The sandals are completely adjustable with velco straps. With sandals who needs socks. Ok I'll admit my naked toes have gotten a few odd looks at the office.

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride