What's new for today?

Well I tried to ride yesterday, but the winds made it all but impossible. Today the weather is windy and no chance of a ride. Tomorrow looks better and I will be riding with a group from Princeton.

This morning I had to add a tie-wrap to my custom carbon bottle mount as it had a tendency to rotate one way or the other on turns. I also removed the stem from the right side of the trike and made a slight adjustment. I also adjusted the fender on the left side for additional clearance to the tire. I might raise both fenders a little higher so pebbles don't get lodged between the tire and fender. it would also facilitate tire removal if necessary.

As of yet I still haven't received the replacement Quick stick tire removal tool, it was mailed a day after the Zefal bottle was shipped, but it went 1st class mail. I can't understand why a package from California would take so long. I will wait until Saturday and contact JMAR Enterprises again.

I received an email from A.E Bike that the extra parts for my Axiom Monsoon Panniers was shipped USPS yesterday. All the Axiom panniers come with extra hardware, which were missing when I bought the panniers. A.E. Bike customer service has been excellent in correcting the problem. I find these panniers excellent but a slight bit heavy.

Ever since my LBS adjusted the "B" screw on my Shimano XT rear derailleurI have not had any problems with shifting. It is funny that both the mechanics and myself missed that as the cause of the problem.

Today while at the LBS I ran into a women that competed in the Triathlon in Arizona and had wider rims, and the wind caught her and just flipped her and the bike in the air. She came down on her right side and sustained a huge amount of road rash. Her helmet was badly impacted by the fall. She was lucky she had here helmet on. She was ordering new wheels with a lower profile as she is going to compete in a race in San Fransisco Bay area. This one competitive women, the wheels are $1,500, I forgot the name, sucks to be getting old.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride