Ride report and project update

This morning I headed out early for my daily ride in-order to beat the heat. We are expecting the temperature to be at least 91 degrees this afternoon. The riding conditions were very good, there was a constant breeze of 8mph from the North West. I rode 13.72 miles at an average speed of 12.29mph and a max speed of 23.2mph. I burnt 639 calories during this short ride. During the ride I checked the Adeo GPS Trainer audio readout against that of my Sigma 1606L computer and in most incidences they were within 1 tenth of a mile. I am extremely happy with my Adeo and I am looking forward to future updates.

The above photograph is the I-Ride mounted on my rear rack.
My speaker problems continue. As I have posted before I have had sound problems with any speaker system I use on the trike. I believe the problem is related to the bouncing around and the massive amounts of pollen and dust that is getting into the volume control. If I jiggle the volume control it clears up, but in a short time it is fouled up. I decided to invest and purchase the I-Ride Bicycle Audio system from
Active Tunes. The speaker system consists of a 1 watt amplified stereo speaker which can mount to your handlebars. Obliviously this will not work on my trike, so I will have to design a mount. The unit works on three AAA cells and comes with a carry pouch. I didn't realize I could have ordered from Active Tunes directly, so I bought them from J&R Music in NYC. They are sitting on a UPS truck on the way here as I write this. It should be here today so I will work on the mount.

UPDATE: I received the the I-Ride a few minutes after posting the above text. I modified the mount that came with the I-Ride so that I was able to mount it directly on the rear rack. The sound is so much better than any of the other speakers I purchased. I am happy that I took a chance and bought these. I would have saved some cash if I had bought them earlier. Replacing the batteries on this unit will be much easier than on my other speakers.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride