I-Ride Mini Review & ride report.

This morning I left at 9:30 AM for my ride and also to beat the heat. I rode 20.09 miles and burnt 936 calories. My average Speed was 12.63 mph with a top speed of 25.50mph. The weather was perfect, with a temperature of 78 degrees and winds of 2-4mph from the East. All in all a great ride.

I-Ride Mini Review:

On this past Friday afternoon UPS delivered my I-Ride Stereo speakers and I was able to fully evaluate them today. Installation on my trike was not a major job, but did require the modification of the supplied mount. If you have a regular handlebar mounting would be a cinch. The unit itself is made entirely of plastic, but well assembled, much better than other portable speakers I have tried. The outside is silver with black grills, not bad to look at. The batteries are easy to install as there is a round plastic disk which rotates revealing the battery box. These speakers hold three AAA batteries and do have an optional power jack for use at home with a 4.5 volt USB power supply which is not included. On top of the unit there is the battery door and the on/off switch, which does not have a power light. On the rear of the battery box is a jack for the Audio cable included and the optional power jack.





Operation is straight forward, as all you need is to install the three AAA batteries and plug the unit into your MP3 player. There is no volume control so your MP3 would have to control the volume. In my case my Adeo GPS Trainer is set at volume three and is way loud enough to hear above most traffic. I only found the speakers hard to hear when large trucks roar by. The speakers rotate around the battery compartment allowing directionality of the sound. The mount that is supplied with the speakers allows quick removal from your bike to prevent theft, which is a bonus. The unit comes supplied with a large O-Ring type band to put around the mount and over the speakers to prevent the speakers falling out while on rough roads or trails. The sound with the Adeo was loud and crisp, and even sounded good when my iPod Shuffle is plugged into the Adeo and playing tunes. The unit also comes supplied with adhesive pads to mount on the handlebar so the unit when clamped with included mount doesn't move. There is a zipper case to hold your speakers when not in use.

P
ros: Good sound, easy to remove and install, well built.

Cons: No volume control and no power light.

O
verall I would highly recommend this purchase for those who realize that wearing earphones while cycling is dangerous, and you love listening to your music.

Specifications:

Width: 6" fully opened, 3.5" folded

Height: 2.75"

Weight: 2.6 ounces without batteries

Watts: 1w (but amplified for higher volume)


Dynamic Range: 40 Hz - 12 kHz

S/N: 63dB

Input Voltage: 3 ~ 12V

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride