Going through the wash.

Late this morning I headed out for my ride and it was a beautiful day for it. The temperature was a warm 76 degrees and the wind was a coming from the SW at 4-10mph with gusts reaching 17mph. There were a few times on the Middlebush Road portion of the ride where the wind was in my face the complete climb to the top. It sure made for interesting pedaling. I even passed a few DF bikers that were walking. I burnt 801 calories and covered 17.20 miles.

This week our township has been flushing the fire hydrants and at the same time creating mini rivers and floods on some of the roads. I was doing around fourteen miles per hour and just as I got to the corner the worker opened the hydrant and a solid stream of high pressure rusty water came directly at me. I was able to steer out of the blast but I still had to ride through the gunk. Not only was the beginning rusty it smelt bad. As soon as I got home I washed down the trike at hit the shower. I will have to be more aware of what trucks are on the street to avoid this, at least to the end of this week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride