Glorious day!

I started out for my ride at 10:30 AM this morning with the full intension to get in as many miles as possible. I decided on an extended loop that would bring me on all edges of my town, and across into the next county. The roads are fair to poor as winter damage is very evident. I rode 20.50 miles at an average speed of 12.29 and a top speed of 26.00. I burnt 954 calories which was great as I have to loose some winter weight. The temperature at the start of the ride was 58 degrees and the temperature at the end of my ride was 68 degrees. The wind was out of the South at 8mph. I had a total altitude gain of 123'.

T
he trike performed flawlessly for the total ride, and I had a blast taking the turns at high speed. This steering upgrade is fantastic. While on one of the local streets in Kendall park, on a down hill run with a slight left curve I hit a giant lump in the road, more like the road heaved, and only my right front wheel took the hump. As I hit the top of the lump my right wheel was airborne and I was riding on two wheels for a good 30'. I was about to panic, but I leaned and the wheel came down. Two kids on the sidewalk yelled "nice riding, and cool bike." Mean while I had a lump in my throat which I assume was my heart trying to escape this idiot riding the trike. That was enough excitement for one day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride