Status of my projects!

I was contacted by ICE on the 13th informing me that the bracket I ordered for the flag is not in stock. They also informed me that they were making them that day, and then they would be sent to the powder coat contractor. They said that if they get it back from the painter it would go out on the 22nd of this month.

I contacted Be Seen Wear and ordered a new bright colored whip for my flag. I am not sure if it is yellow or a lime green, either is fine. I realized that the black whip I have now does nothing to make my trike visible. The big problem with trikes is that you are sitting low to the ground and people that are not paying attention do not see you. Also at a light, if an SUV is along side the flag will be near eye level, and if not the bright colored whip will gain his attention.

As I had mentioned in a prior post, the trike has an induced vibration or Oscillation when I take both hands off the steering. I have checked the wheels, the headsets have been changed, so the only thing that could cause the problem is the Scorcher TR tires. Possibly they are not balanced properly. A member of Bent Rider Online said that by putting True Goo in the tubes it will act like a balancer for the tires. I know this seems far fetched, but I have gotten good advise from the forum, so it is worth the chance. True Goo is a tire sealer and also has other good properties. Unlike Slime that clogs up the tube valves making it almost impossible to put air in the tires, True Goo does not clog the valves. It is only 8:54 AM EST and I want to call True Goo and see if they have a local dealer where I can purchase an 8oz bottle. Otherwise I must buy from them and pay a large shipping cost. I will bring the blog up to speed when the materials arrive.

Now on another front, Minoura technical support has sent me a new Besso mount to replace the broken one, which I will install after I finish writing this blog. I will now have the nice mount that I made free to use for other projects.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride