Short test ride today.

This morning I set out for a short test ride and it was a cold 32 degrees. It took me 10 minutes to get on my base layer and the rest of my gear, but I was determined to ride before the weather turned for the worse. I was able to ride 9.05 miles before I had to head back to the barn. I had my Scorcher tires inflated to 80 lbs and found that I lost a few miles per hour in speed and the induced oscillation was still there but not as bad as before. If I inflate to 100 as I normally keep them it should be all but gone. The new head sets are smooth as butter, a worth while upgrade.

Yesterday I spent a good couple of hours trying to find a new set of cranks in the 165mm triple black cranks. I was told by my local LBS that 10 speed won't work, but what I understand from the members of BROL it will work. I now have a wider selection of cranks to look at. Sometime between now and March I would like to finish the crank upgrade.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride