Label aware snobs!

I have found that on many forums that people try to steer new trike riders to the brand name trikes and bikes, rather than ActionBent trikes and bikes made by TW-Bents. Most of the much higher priced and mid level priced trikes and bikes don't give you as much as ActionBent does. The equipment on most of ActionBent's bikes and trikes is of a higher level than many other brand name trikes or bikes. But still these brand conscious snobs continue there belittlement of trikes made in TW. Most of these snobs don't realize that there is a great chance that there European fancy named bike frame is also made in TW.

I usually refrain from indulging in this type of discussion, but I have had it, listening to these people! It drives me crazy when these self proclaimed snobs make a remark such as "The idler on the ActionBent trike is garbage" Well maybe it is true, but that seems to be the weak point on 99% of the recumbent trikes or bikes. TerraCycle has made a huge business out of replacing idlers on all these top brand trikes and bikes. And I did the same on my ActionBent which in my opinion has improved the drive train 100%.

So to end this rant I ask all of you that are considering a recumbent for the first time or even as an addition to your stable, please don't bypass the bikes and trikes made by TW-Bents, you will be doing yourself a disservice.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful day for a ride